Final project Year Project Proposal Survey
As part of my research for my final year project, I decided to conduct a small survey to gain insight primarily to gain insight if they had struggled with studying poetry as a former/current secondary school student.
If so, I wanted to explain why as to gain a better understanding why they feel/felt the secondary school method of teaching the medium didn't apply to them.
Furthermore, I also enquired if poetry was taught/presented through an interactive experience complete with visual imagery/animation and audio, would it aid them in gaining a better understating of the poem's core themes and emotions.
Finally, I wanted to hear their own personal opinions to how poetry can be taught more effectively in general.
Below are a selection of screen shots of how the questions were presented on survey monkey.
Results
After posting the link of my survey to Facebook and receiving answer for several days, I managed to get some useful feedback for this project.
The main take-aways from this survey that over 75 precent of those who responded (the majority of which consisted of third level students) stated that they had struggled/are struggling with poetry. If the medium were to be taught using animations/visuals, not only would it help memorize and understand the medium, but make it more engaging as a whole.
Overall, this survey helped me gather a general overview of what where peoples thoughts on poetry, how it was it taught in school and if presenting the medium through animation and visuals would make it more engaging/easier to learn.
The link to the whole survey and its results can be found here: https: //www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-zK1GfHK2ABv7d0tgFkCv1g_3D_3D/?fbclid=IwAR0I9eBNk2QV_46W9CFlQz9gJEsQNT3DtYbLUtTgpFDP9V9E_5-sQ2tWKOs


Comments
Post a Comment